Miscellaneous (including Transport)
The purpose of the Peter Adams Trust is to assist individuals, Societies or others in circumstances not covered by Personal Improvement, Community Benefit or Conservation Grants. For example relief and assistance, help towards appropriate transport costs or appropriate Fund Raising and so on.
Application for Funding
Our Grants are Merit Based and/or Need Based:
Merit Based – on the Applicant’s abilities or potential.
Need Based – on the Applicant’s Special Needs and/or the Applicant’s ability to cover the cost.
Except for certain Transport Grants, the starting point is matched funding i.e. the applicant must show provision of 50% of the cost but this is not a hard and fast rule. Each case will be considered on its own merits.
Grants will not normally be awarded to other Charities or Fundraisers nor where the Trustees in their absolute discretion are of the opinion that:
- The Applicant is able to afford the cost.
- The money will or is likely to be used for purposes other than that for which the Grant was awarded.
- It would be instead of a Student Loan where a Student Loan would be available.
- The Applicant is not within a 15 miles radius of Ashford Kent or such other radius as the Trustees may decide.
- The Application does not meet our criteria.
- There is insufficient benefit to the Applicant.
- The application is for retrospective funding
These may be imposed on all Grants including for example:
- In respect of a Course, Apprenticeship or Work Placement with more than one Term the Grant will be on a term by term basis with each payment dependant on compliance with the Conditions.
- The applicant must maintain regular attendance on the course (including seminars), apprenticeship or work placement. If you fail to attend or complete only part, the Grant will automatically lapse and we may require repayment of any Grant money paid.
- The Applicant must achieve the required standard in each and every module throughout the Course.
- The Applicant is to report to the Trustees from time to time as required by them on progress including attendance without which the next instalment will not be made.
- The Applicant authorises the Trustees to obtain Reports from the educational establishment, course Tutor or other appropriate person, Firm or Body regarding the Applicant’s work, progress and attendance.
- The Funding is only for the Course or objective specified in your Application.
- In the case of a Transport Grant instead of paying a sum of money, we may choose to provide a Travel Pass.
The Trustees decision on all matters is final
By submitting an Application you confirm you understand, accept and agree the above
Please complete the simple Application Form below so we can establish whether (prima facie) you meet our criteria for a Miscellaneous Grant. Following the submission we may require further information and possibly a meeting.
Grants previously made include:
- Xmas Gift for Village over 70’s
- Various donations for Fundraising activities
- Travel Grants (Youth)
- School “Holiday of a Lifetime” (Youth)
(Add appropriate Photos “squares”)