The purpose of the Peter Adams Trust is to assist individuals in the achievement of a goal which would not be possible without the support of the Grant. For example help towards Course fees, Exam fees, Text books, Coaching, equipment and so on.
Application for Funding
Our Grants are Merit Based and/or Need Based:
Merit Based – on the Applicant’s academic, artistic, athletic or other abilities.
Need Based – on the Applicant’s educational or Special Needs and/or the Applicant’s ability to cover the cost.
For all Grants the starting point is matched funding i.e. the applicant must show provision of 50% of the cost but this is not a hard and fast rule. Each case will be considered on its own merits.
Grants will not normally be awarded to other Charities or Fundraisers nor where the Trustees in their absolute discretion are of the opinion that:
- The Applicant is able to afford the cost.
- The money will or is likely to be used for purposes other than that for which the Grant was awarded.
- It would be instead of a Student Loan where a Student Loan would be available.
- The Applicant is not within a 15 miles radius of Ashford Kent or such other radius as the Trustees may decide.
- The Application does not meet our criteria.
- The application is for retrospective funding.
These may be imposed on all Grants including for example:
In respect of a Course with more than one Term the Grant will be on a term by term basis with each payment dependant on compliance with the Conditions.
- The Applicant must maintain regular attendance on the Course (including Seminars). If you fail to attend or complete only part, the Grant will automatically lapse and we may require repayment of any Grant money paid.
- The Applicant must achieve the required standard in each and every module throughout the Course.
- The Applicant is to report to the Trustees at the end of each term on progress including marks given on tests and coursework without which the next instalment will not be made.
- The Applicant authorises the Trustees to obtain Reports from the educational establishment, course Tutor or other appropriate person regarding the Applicant’s work, progress and attendance.
- The Funding is only for the Course or objective specified in your Application.
The Trustees decision on all matters is final.
By submitting an Application you confirm you understand, accept and agree the above.
Please complete the simple Application Form below so we can establish whether (prima facie) you meet our criteria for a Personal Improvement Grant.
Following the submission we may require further information and possibly a meeting.
Grants previously made include:
- Education Grants
- Degree Courses – Engineering, Fine Arts, Midwifery
- Further Education – Equine
- Yachting (GB Youth)
- Clay Pigeon shooting (Youth)
- Hockey (GB Youth)